Keith J. Gehle

Keith J. Gehle, 66, of Rockford, Ohio, died unexpectedly at 7:27 p.m. on Friday, January 27, 2012, at Van Wert County Hospital.  He was born May 19, 1945, in Celina, Ohio, to the late Al and Florence (Leugers) Gehle.  He graduated from Marion Local Schools in 1963.  On August 27, 1966, he married Margaret M. Homan, who survives in Rockford.  In 1976, he founded Gehle Transport, Inc., from which he retired in 2007.  With his family and friends, he loved boating, camping, riding his motorcycle, and driving his Corvette.  Mr. Gehle was a member of St. Teresa Catholic Church, Rockford.  He was a life-time member of the Shanes Aerie #1292 Rockford Eagles; a 25-year member of the Knights of Columbus, Celina; a member of the Moose Lodge in Van Wert and Celina; and a member of the Sons of the Legion, Post #508 in Rockford.

Surviving in addition to his wife, are two sons and two daughters:  Steve (Missy) Gehle of Rockford;  Jennifer Brandt of Rockford; Jim (April) Gehle of Lawrenceburg, Indiana; and Marie Gehle of Evans, Georgia.  He was preceded in death by a son, Allen Gehle.  One daughter-in-law, Kim (Ralph) Gehle-Forbes of Salt Lake City, Utah, also survives.  Also surviving are one brother, Richard (Kay) Gehle, Lakeland, Florida; three sisters:  Audry Jean Meiring, Sharpsburg, Ohio; Betty Nieman, Alexandria, Virginia; and Karen (Chett) Moore, Armona, California; and two sisters-in-law, Anna Maria Gehle, Rome, Italy and Myrna Gigandet, Versailles, Ohio.  He was the proud grandfather of 11:  Connor, Kaylee, Emily, and Joshua Gehle, of Rockford; Joey and Allison Brandt of Rockford; Trey and Trenton Gehle of Lawrenceburg, Indiana; Tyler Gehle of Evans, Georgia; and Lena Rose and Hayden Forbes of Salt Lake City, Utah.  Mr. Gehle’s mother-in-law, Bernie Homan, of St. Henry; six sister-in-laws and two brother-in-laws and their spouses, also survive.

Mr. Gehle was preceded in death by three brothers, Duane, David, and Delaine; one sister, Patty; his father-in-law, Alfred Homan; and three brother-in-laws, Tom Meiring, Frank Nieman, and Jim Foote.

Mass will be held on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. at St. Teresa Catholic Church, Rockford with Rev. Ken Alt officiating.  Friends may call at Ketcham-Ripley Funeral Home in Rockford, on Tuesday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. and at the funeral home on Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.  The Rockford Eagles will have a service at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, followed by a short prayer service at 7:30 pm. and memory sharing by family and friends.  A private graveside burial will be held for the family.  In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to The St. Teresa’s Church or Shane’s Park-Leota Braun Foundation.

Leave a Guest Book Entry

Share your memories, condolences and sympathies (optional)

Karen and Dick Gehle says:

You will always be with us in our hearts. It was my honor to have had you in our lives. Our inside joke..I DON’T MISS YOU A BIT…But I will miss you very much. Rest in peace Keith till we meet again.

Anna Bash & Louie Linton says:

We were so sorry to hear about your loss. Please except our deepest sympathy.

Anna and Louie

Donna Grieshop says:

Margie and Family,
Here is a big, big Hug for you! Sorry for your great loss of your husband and father. Our prayers go out to you.
Donna and Francis Grieshop

Steve and Michelle Lefeld says:

Marge
–You and your family are in our hearts and prayers at this time of great sorrow….
Rest in peace Keith.

Anna Maria & Joseph Gehle says:

Dear Marge and Family,
even if we are far geographically, our prayers and our hearts are with you.
On Thursday February 2nd we will have a Memorial Mass at the Basilica of the Saint Cross in Flaminio, at 11 am local time.
Love you all,
Anna Maria and Joe

Diana Meiring Zitter says:

Marge….Having recently been where you are now,my heart aches for you and your family.Uncle Keith is with a lot of family,though,and I’m sure they are welcoming him home…Diana

Nathan & Brenda Brumbaugh says:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Unfortunately, we will not be able to visit during your time of mourning. The job has me in Kansas City. Rest assured that your family will have our thoughts and prayers during this time though. We hope that God will embrace you and lighten you sorrow. God Bless!!

Nathan & Brenda Brumbaugh says:

Sorry to hear about your sudden loss. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers and ask God to embrace during this diffucult time. God Bless.

Nathan & Brenda Brumbaugh says:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Shannon Stephens says:

Please accept my sympathies for your family’s loss. Sending lots of love and prayers to you from Georgia.

Brian Apple says:

Marie (and family),

Melissa, Sam, and I are so sorry for your loss. We are thinking about you at this time and our prayers with you.

Brian, Melissa, and Sam Apple
Evans, GA

Stan & Marge Lefeld says:

Marge,
It was with great sadness that we have learned of Keith’s passing.

Always enjoyed Keith’s friendly attitude, and speaking with him. I respected his position on the many issues we respectfully discussed.

That I will miss, but also will remember, and often recall, selfishly, the rest of my days.

Life goes by so quick, with sudden “jolts” to make us realize how precious our time really is.
Keith’s passing has done that to many, we are sure, as well as, us.

Our heart, prayers and thoughts go out to you, and your family, for this loss of a husband, father, grandfather and friend.

We are currently traveling and will not be able to attend services or viewing.

Upon our return to Ohio, we will be donating a memorial in Keith’s honor.

“May You and Your Family Find Peace”

Sincerely,
Stan & Marge Lefeld

Tony Upchurch says:

Marge, I was so sad to hear of Keith’s passing. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts, as I think back on the many memories I have of both of you.May God give you the strength to carry on, and may He richly bless you and keep you.Love you much.

Gene & Nancy says:

Marge,
‘remembering all the fun times. “Confined is Life but Boundless the Memories” One of the best memories was when we planted a tree at your house in honor of your wedding anniversary. Wasn’t that one of the greatest afternoons?
love you,
Gene, Nancy and Family

Jason and Kitty Subler says:

Dear Marge and Family,
Our deepest sympathies over Uncle Keith’s passing. Though we’re far away, you’re in our hearts and minds.
Jason and Kitty

Mike Pontius says:

To Marge and the Gehle family,

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Keith. I truly enjoyed talking with him when I came home for a visit Rockford. He will be greatly missed. I extend my heartfelt sympathy and ask God to provide you comfort in your time of sorrow.

With Sincere Condolences,

Mike Pontius

Larry & Ginny Rammel says:

Marge and family,
So sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Larry & Ginny

Charlie and Martha Tobe says:

To Marge & the Gehle & Homan families,
We were so sorry to hear of Keith’s sudden death. May God be with you in the coming days and be a source of strength for all of you. We will keep you in our prayers.
Charlie & Martha (Lefeld)Tobe

Martha Baltzell says:

Dear Marge and Family, You all have
my sympathy, Jim I will keep you in my prayers.

Charles and Annrita (Koesters) Gerlach says:

Marge,

So sorry to hear of your loss. Our deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Pat and Paul Winicker says:

Marge and family,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of such a great loss.
Pat and Paul
(April’s aunt and uncle.)

Brandy and Wesley Wolford says:

Our thoughts and prayer go out to you. We are so sorry for your loss. May your days ahead be blessed.

Chris Berry says:

Just found out today and my prayers to the Gehle family. May God our Father bring comfort and peace to your entire family.

Sondra Millman says:

I am so sorry for your loss. May you be comforted by fond memories and the fact that Mr. Gehle lives on through his family. G-d Bless.
Sondra